Monday, May 10, 2010

Rikki, Baby Girl ~May 6, 1999 - May 8, 2010 ~

My Baby Girl, Rikki, passed away on Saturday, May 8th, 2010.  She had been getting sick and losing weight and I made the decision to have her go to Heaven.  My Baby Girl was with me for 11 years.  She was 4 years old when I took her home. 
I will always remember that she loved little animals, guinea pigs especially, and would care for them like her own.  She liked having them snuggle up to her and would smile so big!  She loved those guinea pigs!  (Not a big fan of rabbits or other small animals though.)
I remember when I would sleep in my room at night, sometimes when she wanted to go out, she would lay her muzzle across my neck and lick my ear and my cheek and my face!  She always made sure I knew she wanted to go out.  And she always made sure I knew she wanted to come back in!
When we first brought her home, she would sleep above my head on my pillow.  It was odd, but oddly comforting.  But I had to break her of that habit because it's a dominance thing and I had to make sure she knew I was dominant.
She lived for a long time and was there through thick and thin.  She was there to talk to when I had no one else.  She didn't care what the problem was, she would listen, then lick my face and snuggle.  She made me feel much better when I was sad.
I will miss her immensely, but when I look back, I realize she was not happy in these past years.  She had gone deaf, mostly blind, and her back legs would not work well.  She would shake like she was having seizures, had back problems and had problems keeping food down. 
In the end, I couldn't be there with her, but she was held by my sister Sabrina while she was taken to Heaven. 
I love you Baby Girl.  I love you with all my heart and will miss you forever.  Remember when you chased those balls and those sticks? Remember the guinea pigs you loved so much?   Remember all the good things?  I will remember those always.  But mostly I will remember you and the happiness you brought into my life and the lives of my family.  I will meet you at Rainbow Bridge someday.  But until then, stay with Grandma.  Your both new to Heaven.  She'll take care of you and you'll take care of her.  Look for Shamu as well.  She's a good dog.  :)  Love ya Baby Girl.  I'll keep you in my heart always. 

Pictures and Memorials to come.  Please be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment