Friday, April 16, 2010

Funeral Photography

People have been doing funereal photography for years.  Back in the late 19th century, early 20th century, most of the photos people had were of them after they had passed.  That is still a tradition, although not as popular as it once was.  (Morbidity plays a significant part of it's "taboo".  They think it's morbid and want no part of it.)
I took some photos at my grandmothers funeral today.  Well, a few, mostly of flowers and such, between the crying and participating in it. 
What's your take on funeral photography?  Taboo or tradition?  Where do you draw the line?  I will have some flower pictures posted soon.  I am still trying to get things going with my Grandma's memorial I'm working on.  (Time and money play a part there...)
Anyway, besides the funeral pictures, we are going to be doing some engagement photos for my sister and her fiance saturday afternoon, possibly sunday.  I'm excited because I'm going to get some photos done as well!  My dad is the wonderful photographer, although I might have Bri or Mick do some as well.  (My mom will do some if she is feeling well enough to go.  :) 
So, many many pictures to do.  (I am still behind on the Mt. Olivette shoot we did in January... I think it was January... hmm...) 
Anyway, I will think up another challenge for you to participate in soon!  Have a good weekend and happy shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment